How do I add videos to Content?
This article is not about adding Kaltura videos to your course content. See here for more information on Kaltura videos.
Go to the desired unit/lesson in your course, click on Create New and then choose HTML document.
- Click on the Insert Stuff icon.
- Choose My Computer.
- Click on Choose File to locate and upload the correct video from your computer.
- Select the file and click on Open.
- Click on Upload
6. Fill in a link text.
7. Optional: change the width and/or height of the video.
8. Optional: if you wish, you can allow auto start for the video.
9. Lastly, click on Insert to place the video in the HTML document.
Tip! There is a HTML template for videos available, which you can use to improve the layout of videos in a HTML document.
Which video extensions can I upload in Brightspace?
All video extensions can be uploaded in Brightspace. However, the extension influences how the video is displayed in web browsers:
- Embedded: Only MP4, WebM and Ogg video extensions can be embedded in HTML5.
- Download link: If you upload a MOV / AVI video-file, it will always appear as a download-link.
For more background information check this Wikipedia-page.
How can I insert a MOV/AVI-file as embedded video in the course content?
There are two options available as a workaround to place MOV/AVI-files as embedded videos in your course.
- Recommended: Upload the video in Kaltura and insert it in your course content.
- Convert the video-file to MP4 and then upload it in Brightspace.
- You can do this with video editor applications, such as Adobe Premiere Pro.
- You can also use an online video converter, but by using these websites you'll need to accept certain conditions that can have implications for the safeguarding of your video-file and your data. Be aware of these terms and conditions before using these websites.