How do I upload a video to Kaltura and place it in the course content?
This guide describes the recommended workflow of how to upload and place a Kaltura video in your course content. The workflow consists of two steps:
If you are looking for more information on Kaltura video management and other tips and tricks please see here.
Step 1: Upload your video into Kaltura My Media
- Go from the Brightspace Homepage
- Click on My Brightspace
- Click on Kaltura My Media
Go to Add New and select Media Upload.
- Ensure you have read and checked the box regarding the terms and conditions
- Click on Choose a file to upload
- Select the video you want to upload from your computer and click on Open
- If your upload was successful you will see the confirmation bar as presented above
- Fill in further details as desired (please see here for extensive information on these details)
- Click on Save
Step 2: Place your Kaltura video in course content
- Go to the module where you want to place the Kaltura Video.
- Click on Create New in the top right corner.
- Click on HTML document.
- Browse the available templates by clicking on Templates in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select the template 07_Videos. The template is by default filled with text and an example video.
By using this template, the video is loaded into the content faster and it is also responsive (adapts to the size of your screen).
- Place your cursor in the blue area on the left side of the default video. Proceed to click on the Delete button on your keyboard.
- Click on the Insert Stuff icon and select Add Kaltura Media.
- In My Media you will find the video you just uploaded.
- Click on Embed of the video you want to insert.
- Click on Insert in the next screen.
The video should now appear in the blue area. Remember that the blue area is necessary for a Kaltura-file to be responsive!
Test your Kaltura-file and click Save.