In order to export a list from your classlist including groups or sections, you need to use the Grades functionality. See here for more information about the difference between Groups and Sections.
Via Grades, you can create and print a list of all participants in your course, and even filter by group or section.
- Go to Grades in the navbar of your course.
- Click on the tab Enter Grades.
- Click on Export.
Be aware that when exporting data from Brightspace, this might contain privacy sensitive information. We ask you to be extra cautious when exporting this data.
In this example, the process is used to export the classlist, excluding grades.
- Select All users if you want to create an attendance list of all the participants in your course and click Apply.
- Select Groups if you wish to create an attendance list of a group and click Apply. Use the dropdown menu to select the specific group of which you want to create the attendance list and click Apply for the second time.
- Select Sections if you wish to create an attendance list of a section and click Apply. Use the dropdown menu to select the specific section of which you want to create the attendance list and click Apply for the second time
- Choose the way you would like your list to be sorted.
- Remove the checks below Grade Values.
- You can check the boxes below User Details to include the participant’s Last Name, First Name, Email and Group Membership. The option Group Membership is ideal for creating an overview of all the groups, whereas Section Membership is ideal for creating an overview of all the sections.
- Check and uncheck (5) to uncheck all Grade items or (6) uncheck single grade items below Choose Grades to Export. Make sure you do not include grade items for this export.
- (7) Click Export to CSV or Export to Excel.
- Click Download to download the file and subsequently open it in Excel or print it directly.