This article will explain how to create a Turitin assignment using Anonymous Marking. Anonymous Marking is a tool in Brightspace which allows you to mark your students Assignment submissions without knowing the identity of the student. The instructions for assessing an assignment which uses Anonymous Marking can be found here.
Please note that anonymous grading in Turnitin through Brightspace is different from Blackboard. In Brightspace the student names will be anonymized, but the document titles will be visible. Make sure to communicate to your students, not to include personal names in the document titles.
The first step is to create a new assignment in the desired course.
Go to course in Brightspace and click on Assignments underneath Course Tools in the navbar.
Select New Assignment to create a new assignment.
1. Add a Name to the new assignment
2. Select the assignment settings to your preference
3. Do not forget to turn on the Turnitin® Integration (check the boxes in the tab)
4. Return to the properties (1st tab) of the assignment and scroll down the page
1. Check the box with Anonymous Marking
2. Click on Save and Close to finalize this assignment