In this article you will learn more about the Evaluation & Feedback section of quizzes. Here you can choose to automatically grade a quiz after completion, synchronize the grades to gradebook, manage the submissions view and manage the Learning Objectives.
Please note that automatic grading is on by default. Unselect the check boxes Auto-publish attempt results immediately upon completion, if you do not want students to see their attempt grade after finishing the quiz.
- Select if you want students to see their grades immediately after submitting the quiz.
- This functionality is turned on by default. Uncheck the box when you have quizzes with open questions.
- Select if you want the grades to be synchronized to the Grade book immediately after submitting the quiz.
- Recommended setting: keep this box checked to transfer quiz grades to the Grade book, after you publish feedback.
- Select if you want to show the grade to the student within the Quiz tool after you publish feedback.
- Customize Quiz Results Displays
Customize Quiz Results Displays
When students hand in a quiz, they get the following standard message:Your quiz has been submitted successfully. You can alter this message and indicate which quiz information you wish to make (un)available for students (for example: are they able to see which questions were answered correctly, can they see their own score or also the class average etc).
Click Customize Quiz Results Displays
Here you will see a preview of what students see after they submit the quiz.
- Click Default View to see and alter the default setting:
- You will see that the default view is visible directly (Date:immediately) and that there are no questions or statistics visible for students.
- Click Add Additional View to create a completely new display. You can set up for each quiz whether you want to use the default view or another display you have created yourself.
When you create a new quiz, the student display will automatically be set up with the Default View.Thus it is useful to set up the default view in a way that allows you to use it for most quizzes.
- The default message can be found under Message. It can be changed here if desired.
- Select Display attempt grade for evaluated questions if students are allowed to see how they scored on a quiz.
- Select if you want to show:
- none of the questions,
- all of the questions,
- only questions with correct answers
- only questions with incorrect answers.
- Select Show class average if students are allowed to see the class average.
- Select Show score distribution if students are allowed to see how other students did for each question.
- Click Update to save.
- Click OK to close the window.