This article explains how to attach a grade item to a new or existing quiz.
It is possible to grade a Quiz linked to a Grade Item. When a Grade Item is linked to a Quiz, Brightspace will automatically include this grade in the calculation of the final grade.
Read the article How do I use the Gradebook? if you are unfamiliar with grade items and want to learn how to create a grade item.
Please note that it is only possible to attach a Numeric Grade Item to a quiz. Read more about the various Grade Items in this article.
- Navigate to Course Tools in the navbar of your course.
- Click Quizzes. You will now land on the Quiz homepage, where you will find an overview of your quizzes.
- In the overview, search for the quiz you want to attach to a grade item and click the fold-out arrow.
- Click Edit. You will navigate to the Properties tab of the quiz.
If you want to attach a grade item to a new quiz, read the article: How do I create a quiz? to learn how to create a new quiz.
Attaching a (new) Grade Item
- Click Not in Gradebook to open the menu. Then, choose:
- Edit or Link to Existing if you already have created a grade item or if you want to create a grade item an immediately adjust the grade scheme and category.
- Add to Gradebook if you have not created a grade item yet. A new grade item will be made with the name of the quiz.
- Adjust the amount of attempts and which attempt will be graded. Read more information here.
- Adjust when students are able to see their grades. Read more information here.
You can unattach a grade item by selecting Not in Gradebook
When a grade item is already attached to a different activity, it will no longer appear in the drop-down menu.