It is possible that you get in a situation where you realize that you selected the wrong answer for quiz question. To adapt this and the scores for a quiz, you have to follow the next steps:
- Adapt the quiz question
- Adapt the scores
Adapt the quiz question
- Go to Course Tools in the navbar in your course.
- Click on Quizzes.
- Click on the arrow next to the name of the quiz and click on Edit.
- Click the question you want to edit.
If you want to adapt the questions of a quiz after a student already has submitted an attempt, you will now see a pop-up window with a warning. This shows you that the scores of the already submitted attempts will not be changed. How you can adapt the scores will be explained later on.
You can now adapt the selected question.
- Check the correct answer.
- Click on Save.
- Click on Save and Close.
The correct answer is now adapted for the quiz and will be seen as the correct answer in attempts that will be submitted from now. However, the scores of the previous submitted attempts will not be changed. You will have to do this manually.
Adapt the scores of previously submitted quizzes
- Click on the arrow next to the name of the quiz and click on Grades.
- Click on the third tab Questions.
- Select Update All Attempts
- Under Questions that are not in the quiz anymore, you can see the quizzes that you have deleted/adapted. Click on a question to adapt the score for students that have answered this question.
- Select Give attempts with answer [correct answer] [number] points.
- Select in the first field what should have been the correct answer.
- Set up the amount of points that the student should receive from giving the previous selected answer.
- (Optional) Add a comment to inform students about the changed answer.
- Click on Save.
- Click on Go Back to Questions.
- Click on the second tab Attempts
- Check whether the new scores of the quiz have been published again.
Students will now be able to see their new scores in the tool quizzes and in the corresponding grade item in the Gradebook.