How do I add a download link to a file in a course?
In this article you can find information regarding the use of download links in your course.
Tip! Use the Download Links template to structure your links.
If you want to offer certain files as download links, you can either use the Download Links template and follow the instructions there, or follow the steps below.
How do I place a download link to a file that is already in my course?
- You have already uploaded the file into your course (e.g. via Manage Files).
- You know how to add a HTML file to your course.
- Click on the Add Link icon.
- Click on Course Files.
- Click on the pencil icon next to the document you want to use.
4. Adjust the title if needed.
5. Leave the target on New Window.
6. Click on Insert.
The link will be placed in the HTML document and students will be able to download the placed file.
How do I place a download link to a ZIP file?
There is only one way to place a download link to a ZIP file. Please follow the steps below.
- Click on the Insert Stuff icon.
- Click on My Computer.
3. Click on Choose File.
4. Select the desired ZIP file.
5. Click on Open.
Insert the desired name and click on Insert.
The link will be placed in the HTML document and students will be able to download the ZIP file.