How do I add users to my course?
In this article you will learn how to add users to your course.
Students are automatically added to the course, based on their registration in uSis. You cannot add students to the course through Brightspace. Read more in this article.
An instructor can add staff members (with an m-number or g-number) to the course and give them a teaching role: instructor, assistant instructor, course builder and grader.
You can also add staff members as a Dummy Student to your course. This can be useful in case you want to test out functionalities from a student perspective. Take note: you cannot change or delete the role afterwards. Please contact your faculty LMS coordinator for this.
Students cannot be enrolled in a teaching role with their s-number.
- Go to Course Tools in the navbar of your Course.
- Click Classlist.
- Click Add Participants.
- Click Add existing users.
Add existing users
- Type the first name, last name or username in the search bar below Add Existing Users. Click on the magnifying glass.
- Select the person/people you want to add.
- Give the person/people a role (for example instructor).
- Click Enroll Selected Users.
- Click Done.
Only one search term can be searched at a time. This means that if you want to add several names you will have to look them up and add them one by one.