How do I control when and how students see their Feedback and Grade for Turnitin Assignments?
This article will explain in depth how you can control when and where students are able to view their grade and inline feedback inserted in Feedback Studio.
Are you looking for a more straight foward guide? Be sure to check out: How do I transfer Turnitin Scores to Grades?
When will a grade and/or inline feedback inserted in Feedback Studio be visible for students?
After you have assessed the students' submissions in Feedback Studio your Inline Feedback and Score are saved as Draft. You have to actively select the submissions and hit Publish Feedback to release the feedback to your students. Brightspace will never automatically release feedback for (Turnitin) Assignments.
In the example above we can see:
- The feedback on this submission is not yet published; indicated by the Draft Saved.
- For this assignment the feedback is already Published, this student will be able to see their score + inline feedback.
Where this feedback is published depends on a couple of things:
- Whether you have attached a Grade Item to your Turnitin Assignment.
- Whether you have set your Assignment to visible / hidden.
- Whether you have set the attached Grade Item to visible / hidden.
Please see below the impact per setting:
The only place where students are able to see their score and/or inline Feedback is under Course Tools > Assignments. Since the assignment is not linked to an Grade Item, the grade will not appear under Grades for the students.
Students will only be able to see their grade and/or inline feedback if the Assignment is Visible for Users.
If you only inserted Inline Feedback in Feedback Studio, the students will never see a grade, since you did not assess with a grade. The same applies if you only provided a grade in Feedback Studio and no inline feedback. Students will only see a grade, since you did not assess with inline feedback.