Contact the Brightspace Support Team
You can contact the Brightspace Support Team through various channels.
Live for groups
- Online open office hours. The support team also has to work from home because of the corona measures, which means that the support desk is not available by phone. Support is available at the times and days mentioned below via MS Teams to call (possibly with video). An account is not necessary, as a guest you can participate in the video calls. Make sure to select the correct date and time, the links are unique.
Note: the calls are not private. It is possible for several colleagues to call in at the same time. When sharing your screen, this is also visible to the other participants.
On Thursday 15-04-2021 and Thursday 22-04-2021 there are no online open office hours in the morning at 11:30. You are welcome on the other days, or during the Thursday afternoon session at 14:30. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Live & personal
Do you need more help with your specific course, or do you have a question that is not answered on the support site? Send an e-mail to email@example.com and we will schedule an appointment via MS Teams. It is possible to share your screen via MS teams while the support employee can watch your course.
- The Brightspace Online Training is a course in Brightspace, in which you learn the basics of the system in an hour. This is visible under My Courses when you log in to Brightspace. If you do not see the course, please contact the LMS coordinator of your faculty.
- Web lectures. View basic training when it suits you. If you have any questions afterwards, please contact us by e-mail.
- Support site. You are currently on the support site. All manuals are publicly available in both English and Dutch.
- Call Brightspace. Due to the national and university measures surrounding Covid-19, we are not physically present at the office. The regular telephone is not available. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a call appointment via MS teams.
- E-mail to email@example.com.
- Helpdesk. Go to https://helpdesk.universiteitleiden.nl and log in with your ULCN name + password. You can fill in a form for Brightspace via the Education and Research tile. Searching on the term Brightspace in the search bar leads you to frequently asked questions + answers.