What is Special Access and how do I use it?
Under Special Access you can select for certain students to get special access to for example a quiz or an assignment. You can find it under the restrictions tab. The examples below will show the modification of the Special Access to a quiz.
- Select Allow selected users special access to this quiz if you want to give certain students different submission dates.
- Select Allow only users with special access to see this quiz if only certain students are allowed to see this quiz.
- Click Add Users to Special Access to select students who will get special access.
- If you want certain students to be given a different deadline than the rest of the group, set a separate deadline at Due Date.
- If you want the assignment to start or end earlier for a few students, fill in a customized Start Date and/or End Date.
- Use the Search Options to find students that will have special access in any way:
- Use the drop-down menu next to View By if you want to search among all students in the course (User) or in a certain group (Groups) and click Apply. If you chose a group, you can select which group you would like to search in the drop-down menu next to Groups, (click Apply once more).
- In the search bar, fill in (a part of) the student's name or their student number to quickly find them. Now click enter (on your key board) or click the magnifying glass icon.
- Select the student(s) it concerns. Tick the box at the top to select all students at once that are showing up through the search filter.
- Click Add Special Access to return to the Edit Quiz page.
By searching per group, you can easily give an entire group within a course special access, without having to look up each individual student separately to add them.
Do you want to change the end date for students with special access during the course? You can do so by clicking Add users to Special Access again. Here, you can alter the end date, select the students to whom the change applies, and click Save when you are finished. If you do this, you are NOT altering the end date of the entire assignment! If you change the end date for the entire assignment, it will not be processed for students with special access.