How do I use Pitch2Peer for assignments?
What is Pitch2Peer?
Pitch2Peer is a review tool that allows students to learn from each other’s work and feedback. Following an assignment, such as a presentation or personal research or a review of literature, students submit their ‘pitches’ to Pitch2Peer. The program supports different types of ‘pitches’, such as videos, photos, posters, slideshows, animations and (blog) texts. It is also possible to embed external media, such as YouTube or Prezi-presentations. The students can then be asked to reflect on their own work, as well as review (anonymously if necessary) one or more of their peer’s pitches. You can ask them to reflect or review with specific criteria and/or questions in mind. Also, the students can be motivated by using ‘likes’ and ‘medals’ to reward the best pitches. As an instructor you can of course also give feedback yourself.
Where do I find Pitch2Peer?
- Go to Content
- Select the module/submodule where you want to place Pitch2Peer Assignment
- Click on Create new
- Click on External Tool Activity (1) and select Pitch2Peer (2)
How do I use Pitch2Peer?
The main page of Pitch2Peer appears when you select Pitch2Peer. It contains three main categories:
- Home: You can quickly see the assignment and the number of pitches. Besides that, you can easily change some personal settings or go to the help center when necessary.
- Gallery: An overview of the assignments and the corresponding pitches.
- Manage module: You can change all your settings and assignments here, explained below.
The manage module category consist of different sub-categories with the aim to manage everything in Pitch2Peer:
Here, you can change the module settings, like module title and student access.
An overview of the existing assignments and the dates and times of the assignments. You can also add new assignments here (adding a new assignment is explained later on).
An overview of all pitches that are handed in by students per assignment.
An overview of all peer reviews that are handed in by students per assignment.
An overview of all reflections that are handed in by students per assignment.
An overview of all comments.
An overview of all grades that are handed in by students per assignment.
An overview of all students that are enrolled for Pitch2Peer assignments.
Add new Assignment
Fill in the following when adding a new new assignment:
- Type in the Assignment title.
- Choose the type of pitch.
- Choose the criteria and the way the peer review should be organized.
- Choose to enable/disable the reflection option.
- Set the pitch period.
- Check all the options for the assignment and save it.
Pitch2Peer by groups
You should use the Pitch2Peer by groups tool when you want to assign the pitches to existing groups of students in Brightspace.
- Navigate to Content
- Select the (sub-)module in which you want to place the Groups assignment
- Select Add
- Select External Tool Activity and choose Pitch2Peer by Groups
As of right now, there is no automatic link between Groups in Brightspace and groups in Pitch2Peer. As such, you should group students in Pitch2Peer by hand.