How do I export Grades?
In this article, you will find a step-by-step plan on how to export grades from Brightspace. This is useful if you want to further process the Grades.
If you are looking for information on how to import Grades, please go to this article.
See here for a video on Import Grades.
The Export Grades function does not only allow you to transfer grades from Brightspace into other systems, e.g. uSis, but it provides an editable document. It can also be used as a way to export a classlist of your course.
- Click on Grades in the navbar of your course.
- Click on Enter Grades.
- Click on Export.
- Select whether you want to export all student data or just from 1 group or section.
- Select your preferred sorting.
- Select the Grade Values you want to export:
- points grade = the number of points the student received
- Optional: weighted grade = the weight of that grade item
- Optional: grade scheme = is the symbol (actual grade) the student received for that grade item according to the used grade scheme
- Select the user details you want to export.
- Select the grade items you want to export by checking the corresponding boxes.
- Finally export to either CSV or Excel to your own preference.
Advice: If you are using the grades to process in uSis, we advise you to export the Grade Scheme as well. This will display the (final) grades correctly in the export file to be able to process it further.