How do I add and edit categories to manage assignments?
Organize your assignment into categories to make it easier for users to navigate to the appropriate assignment. For example, you can create separate categories for group assignments, video assignments or bonus assignments. When structuring your course, you can first create categories and later place assignments in them.
- Navigate to Course Tools in the navbar of your course.
- Click Assignments.
- Click Edit Categories
- Click the name of an existing category to modify it. Hit Enter, or click outside of the current cell to save your changes.
- Under Sort Order you can change the order of how categories are presented on the Assignments homepage. Click on the number of a category to change the order. Hit Enter, or click outside of the current cell to save your change.
- To delete a category, select the check box next to its name, and click the trash icon.
- Under In Use you can see which categories already contain assignments. Only categories with a check mark contain assignments and are visible on the Assignments homepage.
- Click Add Category to create a new category.
After changing a category name or order, click somewhere on your screen. The change will then be saved automatically.
To create a new category, click on Add Category.
- Enter a name for your category.
- Click Create.
- The new category appears in the list.
- Click Close to return to the Assignments homepage.