How do I use the Classlist?
- Go to Course Tools in the navbar of your course.
- Click Classlist.
- You will see an overview of all Students, Staff or All (select the desired tab) in the course.
- You can see the role of the person under Role.
You can filter the users on groups:
- Click the drop-down menu next to View By.
- Click Groups.
- Click Apply.
- Behind Groups you select the group on which you want to filter.
You can also flag persons. You do this by clicking the flag icon next to the picture of the person. You would flag someone if you want to find them easily.
You can search for specific students / teachers by typing the person's name in the search bar (Search For). Click on Show Search Options for a more specific search.
- Search in: Select if you are searching by first name, last name and/or username.
- Role: Search by role.
- Flagged: Search for flagged/unflagged persons.
- Active Status: Search for users that are set on active/inactive.
- If you only want to see teachers or students, navigate to the Staff tab or the Student tab.
- You can also see which groups a student is in:
- Click the fold-out arrow next to the name.
- Click View Group Enrollments for. A new window (pop-up) opens in which you can see in which group(s) the student is.
Overview course enrollments
- Click Enrollment Statistics for an overview of enrollments and un-enrollments.
The overview shows all possible roles and how many people with a certain role are in your course. For example, you see how many students are enrolled (Enrollments) and how many students have withdrawn and when (Withdrawals). You can still e-mail people who have un-enrolled.
Students are automatically added to the course, based on their registration in uSis. You cannot add students to the course through Brightspace. An instructor can add staff members to the course and give them a teaching role: instructor, assistant instructor, course builder and grader. Please see the article How do I add users to my course for more information.