What is Kaltura?
The manuals you find here, will only discuss the use of Kaltura within Brightspace. Additional manuals on the use of Kaltura independent of Brightspace can be found on this site.
Education advice on the use of Kaltura for Online Teaching can be found on the site of the Centre for Innovation.
If you want to add a video into a course in Brightspace, you'll most likely need to use Kaltura. Within Brightspace you can access Kaltura My Media and the course Kaltura Media Gallery.
- Via Kaltura My Media you can upload videos into Kaltura. Not only will you find an overview of all the media you have already uploaded, but you can also edit, delete or publish videos.
- Each course has its own Kaltura Media Gallery. In here you can see an overview of all the videos you have published in in the course Kaltura Media Gallery. Moreover, you are able to add videos to the course Kaltura Media Gallery.
Please note that Kaltura works somewhat different in Brightspace than in Blackboard. Please click on any of the links below to see a hands on guide on what you want to do.
What do you want to do?
Complete Workflow - RECOMMENDED
- Just upload a video from your computer to Kaltura My Media
- Just publish a Kaltura video in your course Kaltura Media Gallery.
- Just place a Kaltura video from your My Media in your course content
Kaltura video Management
Video on how to use Kaltura
This video is made by Kaltura. Some screens might have a different look and feel to the Universiteit Leiden Brightspace environment.