How do I attach a grade item to an assignment?
To evaluate an assignment, use the help of a Grade Item: Grade Items represent the course items that you would like to evaluate in the grade book. By attaching a grade item to an assignment, Brightspace will calculate and register the final grade for you.
Table of Contents
Attaching a Grade Item to an assignment
- Navigate to Course Tools in the navbar of your course.
- Click Assignments.
- In the overview table, search for the assignment to which you want to attach a Grade Item. Click on the fold-out arrow next to it.
- Click Edit Assignment.
- If you have not created an assignment yet: click New Assignment to create one now.
In both cases you will be navigated to the Properties tab of the created assignment.
- Select the Grade Item in the drop-down menu for this assignment. If you would like to create a new grade item on the spot, click New Grade Item (in a pop-up window you will walk through the same steps as when you create grade items from Grades).
- Click the fold-out arrow under Student View Preview to select how the grades will be displayed to the students.
- Click Save and Close.
If a Grade Item has already been attached to another activity then it will no longer show up as an option in the drop-down menu.
- In the overview of the Assignments you can see by this icon whether or not an assignment is attached to a grade item. To see which item is attached to the assignment, hover over this icon with your mouse.
Video: How to associate Assignments with Grade Items
This video is made by Brightspace supplier D2L. Some screens might have a different look and feel to the Universiteit Leiden Brightspace environment.