This article provides an organized roadmap for using Kaltura live room during a live session.
What do I take with me?
- Make sure you can log in with your UCLN account. Bring your smartphone for authentication.
- Presentation (it is helpful to put the PowerPoint on a USB flash drive).
It is wise to open your Kaltura Live Room from within the Brightspace course. That way, recordings are automatically uploaded to Brightspace and students can easily access the live session and the recording. You can read how to create a link here.
Open your presentation on the desktop in the room. Open Firefox or Google Chrome on the room computer.
- Go to Brightspace.
- Log into Brightspace with your UCLN account. Use your phone for verification.
- Go to the home page of the appropriate course.
- Go to Course Tools.
- Click on Kaltura Media Gallery.
- A new screen will appear.
- In the upper right corner, click on Launch Live Room.
- The Kaltura Live Room opens.
- Test your camera and microphone. Ask for feedback from the participants.
- If your microphone does not work, click here for solutions.
- Go to Tools in the Kaltura Live Room. Click on Desktop Share. Click on the green Start Screen Share button.
- Choose to share your Full Screen, a Window or a Chrome tab. If you only want to share a presentation, it is recommended to share only the Window.
- Next, click on the Window or Web page you want to share so that it is outlined in blue. Click Share.
- The shared content is now visible to the participants. For a presentation, you can navigate from the presentation.
- For recording, go to Tools. Click on Recording. Choose a time and press Start.
Want to learn more about the tools in the Kaltura Live Room? Click here.
- To stop sharing your screen. Click either below on Stop sharing or above on Stop Screen Share. Click the cross at the top right to return to the original screen.
- The recording will stop automatically by the set timer or turn off the recording manually by going to Tools > Recording > Stop Recording.
- Click the red icon in the upper right.
- Click End for Everyone.
- After the lecture, log out of all accounts/applications you are logged into. Example: Zoom, Brightspace, Teams, email, etc. Close the browser.
- When finished, you can find the recording in Brightspace. Go to the course page. Click Course Tools in the navigation bar. Go to Kaltura Media Gallery to find the recording. It may take several hours for the recording to be uploaded. This depends on the size of the file.
Are you encountering any problems? Please contact the ISSC Helpdesk (+31 71 527 8888 or [email protected]).