This article provides an organized roadmap for using Zoom during a live session.
What do I take with me?
- Make sure you can log in with your UCLN account. Bring your smartphone for authentication.
- Presentation (it is helpful to put the PowerPoint on a USB flash drive).
It is wise to link your Zoom meetings to a course in Brightspace. That way, recordings are automatically uploaded to Brightspace and students can easily access the live session and the recording. You can read how to create a link here.
Open your presentation on the desktop in the room. Open Firefox or Google Chrome on the room computer.
- Go to Brightspace (http://brightspace.universiteitleiden.nl).
- Log into Brightspace with your UCLN account. Use your phone for verification.
- Go to the homepage of the relevant course.
- Go to Course Tools.
- Click on Zoom.
- You are on the Zoom page.
- Under the Upcoming meetings tab, you will see the scheduled meetings. Click Start.
- If you have not scheduled a meeting, click Schedule A New Meeting at the top right.
- Click on Open Zoom Meetings > Agree.
- Click on the microphone icon at the bottom right.
- Test if you can be heard by speaking into the microphone. Ask for feedback from the participants.
- If your microphone doesn't work; click here for solutions.
- Go to Share Screen.
- Share your presentation. Read more here about Share Screen.
- Turn on the recorder and click on Continue. Read more about recording here.
- The recording is running when you hear "recording in process" and see a cloud with a red light and the message "recording..." at the top left.
- Turn off recording manually by clicking the icon.
- Go to End at the bottom right.
- Click on End meeting for all.
- After the lecture, log out of all accounts/applications you are logged into. Example: Zoom, Brightspace, Teams, email, etc. Close the browser.
- When finished, you can find the recording in the video portal under My Media. The recording can be shared with the students from the video portal. It may take several hours before the recording is uploaded. This depends on the size of the file. Please note! This only happens if you link the Zoom meeting to the Brightspace course.
Are you encountering any problems? Please contact the ISSC Helpdesk (+31 71 527 8888 or [email protected]).