The settings can be reached and changed in the following way:
The following parts can be adjusted:
It is not possible for a host or participant to record and save on a local device (PC/tablet/phone).
This option is locked by the admin and not customizable.
With this option, the recording of a meeting/webinar is not stored locally but in the cloud.
This option is enabled by default, turn it off if cloud storage is not desired.
If this option is enabled, you can select the desired recording settings:
The Option Record active speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately is standard enabled, where you can still choose between the three separate options:
- Active speaker.
- Gallery View.
- Shared screen.
These are all recorded as separate videos.
If you want a combined recording where speaker and (shared) display are both in the picture, choose the top two options:
- Record active speaker with shared screen: The active speaker and the shared content are both recorded in one video.
- Gallery view with shared screen record: The active speaker including all participants is recorded in one video.
When recording in Gallery view, please observe the privacy guidelines.
You can also choose to only make an audio recording:
- Select Record an audio only file.
- Finally, you can choose to save the chat.
- Select Save chat messages from the meeting/webinar to select.
When saving chats, consider privacy guidelines.
Advanced cloud recording settings
Under Advanced cloud recording settings you can add additional options for your recording:
- Add a timestamp to the recording: Add timestamps to the recording.
- Display participants' names in the recording: Names of the participants will be visible.
- Record thumbnails when sharing: A thumbnail view of the speaker will be recorded when an image is shared.
- Optimize the recording for 3rd party video editor: The compatibility of the file is adjusted so that it can be edited better. Both the file size and the time to generate it will increase if this option is enabled.
- Audio transcript: The audio is automatically transcribed with this option.
- Please note, this transcript is error-prone.
- Save panelist chat to the recording: All messages during a webinar will be saved.
- Save poll results shared during the meeting/webinar: Results of a poll during a meeting or webinar will be saved.
- Save closed caption as a VTT file: Generates close captions and saves them as a VTT file.
Allow cloud recording sharing
After the cloud recording of a meeting, a partial link is generated. Users who have permission to view this recording can view the recording via this link.
This option is enabled by default.
Turn this option off if you want to keep the cloud recording private.
You can set recordings to start automatically at the start of a meeting, enable this option.
This option is disabled by default because it is not always desired to record a session.
Please note the privacy and GDPR guidelines if you want to use this option.
Acces cloud recordings
IP Address Access Control
This feature ensures that cloud recordings are only accessible to IP addresses within a certain range.
This feature is locked by admin and not customizable, to ensure the security of cloud recordings.
Require users to authenticate before viewing cloud recordings
Before cloud recordings are shared, users must authenticate themselves to view the cloud recordings.
The authentication option is already set to 'signed-in users in my account' by default. This option is again 'Locked by admin' and not customizable.
Set recording as on-demand by default
Recordings can be stored in the cloud as an on-demand version, users who want to view this recording must be logged in with their ULCN account
This option is disabled by default, turn it on if you want to make the recording available as an on-demand video
Require passcode to access cloud recordings
If a cloud recording is created that can be shared, it must be password protected
A random password is generated that can be changed by the user. This setting applies only to new cloud recordings
This option is enabled by default. This is locked by admin and not customizable, to ensure the security of your cloud recordings.
Viewers can see the transcript
Users who have access to the recording (with a partial link) can view the transcript of the recording. If it is generated.
This option is enabled by default. This is 'Locked by admin' and not customizable.
Delete cloud recordings
Auto delete cloud recordings after days
Zoom automatically deletes cloud recordings after a 60-day time period.
This period is standard at 60 days and is not customizable.
The host can delete cloud recordings
The host of the recording can delete the cloud recordings, if this option is disabled only the admin (FB video) can delete it.
This option is locked by the admin and is therefore not customizable.
Recording notifications – Zoom clients
If a recording is started, all participants in the meeting will receive a notification and disclaimer about the recording.
All participants will also receive an audio notification.
The host will need to confirm the recording and disclaimer before recording.
This option is 'locked by admin' and not customizable due to the GDPR guidelines.
'Recording notifications – Phone users
By default, participants attending a meeting on their phone will receive an audio notification that a recording has started.
Each time a recording is paused and restarted, the participant will receive a notification
This option is locked by the admin and is not customizable.