This chapter explains how to create an Interactive Video Quiz. With an interactive video quiz (IVQ) it is possible to have a viewer answer several questions during the playback of a video. The creator of the quiz has all the data about the created quizzes at his disposal and can create reports from them.
Create a Quiz
- Click Add New at the top right of the site header to see the menu options.
- Click Video Quiz to create a quiz using an existing video file in My Media.
- Wait for the 'Editor/ Media Selection' web page item to load.
- Click Select next to the video you want to use to create a quiz.
- Wait until the Quiz Creator / Media Selection / Quiz Editor web page item is loaded.
- Click on Start to create a new quiz and wait until the window reloads.
- Click on the Details
- Under Quiz Name, enter a name for the quiz.
- Under Welcome Message, enter a welcome message for the quiz candidate.
- If you do not want a welcome message, you can uncheck Show Welcome Page.
- De mogelijkheid om de vragenlijst te downloaden en de instructie om alle vragen te beantwoorden staan standaard aangevinkt. Als dit niet nodig is, kun je deze uitzetten.
- Click on the Score tab
- Choose between the options Do Not Show Scores and Show Scores
- Turn off Include Answers if you do not want to show the correct answers at the end of the quiz
- Click on the Experience tab
- Uncheck Allow Answers Change if you do not want to allow users to edit the answers before the quiz is completed
- Skip For Now is selected by default to allow users to answer the question at a later time. Change this to Do not Allow Skip if you do not want this.
- To add questions to the quiz, select a moment in the timeline when the question should be shown. You can do this by having the video play and stop at the desired time. Or by selecting a time in the timeline.
You can choose a question type by clicking on a highlighted type. If the correct type is highlighted (Multiple Choice, True/False or Reflection Point), click on this type to be able to add a question.
- In the next screen you can add the question and the answers.
- With Multiple Choice you can add more incorrect answers by clicking on the + sign (max. 4 answers including the correct answer)
- When you have finished drafting the question click on Save.
- You can always change the question by clicking on the cube icon in the timeline (and change the timing of the question by moving this cube across the timeline).
- When you have finished creating the quiz click Done.
- In the new window, you can choose to go back to the media page (Go to Media Page) or continue editing the quiz (Edit Quiz).
- The video shown here is not the quiz. You can view it from the Media page. Click on Go to Media Page.