This article covers all the advanced options for channels.
- Go to My Channels.
- Click on the Edit button.
- Under the Edit <name>of the channel you will see a number of tabs:
On the Details tab, you can adjust the following settings:
- Change the name of your channel here.
- Change the description of your channel here
- Add tags to your channel here so users can find it better through the search function
- Change the visibility of your channel here.
- Only faculty video coordinators can change this option for you. Please contact your faculty video coordinator.
- Check Moderate content (Media will not appear in channel until approved by channel manager) to require all videos added to a channel to be reviewed before they are available. .
- This is a useful option if you have given multiple people permission to add videos to your channel.
- Check Enable comments in channel if you want to allow comments globally for your channel. Uncheck this box if you want to disable comments globally for your channel.
- Check Keep comments private to channel to make all comments only discoverable by people who have access to your channel.
- Check the Enable subscription to channel box to allow others to subscribe to updates from your channel.
- Subscribers get notified when new videos are added to your channel.
- Choose a Channel Topic if you want users to be able to find your channel by topic on the Channels page.
Use the features on this tab to create a channel playlist. A channel playlist is only available through your channel and can only contain videos that are already in the channel.
Use the functions on the Members tab to give individuals access to your channel. The predefined roles have the following rights:
- A Manager may do anything an owner may do.
- A Moderator may upload videos and reject and approve videos.
- A Contributor may upload videos.
- A Member has access to all videos of a channel but cannot add or change anything.