How do I just upload a video into Kaltura?
Please see this article for the recommended complete workflow regarding Kaltura video's.
Upload your video into Kaltura My Media
- Go to your Brightspace Homepage
- Click on My Brightspace
- Click on Kaltura My Media
Go to Add New and select Media Upload
- Ensure you have read and checked the box regarding the terms and conditions
- Click on Choose a file to upload
- Select the video you want to upload from your computer and click on Open
- If your upload was successful you will see the confirmation bar as presented above
- Fill in the title (the file name is automatically filled in as a title)
- OPTIONAL: Add a description
- OPTIONAL: Add tags
- Choose the Faculty/Department to which the video is related.
- OPTIONAL: Select a language
- OPTIONAL: Select a creative commons value
- OPTIONAL: Fill in additional copyright license information
- Set the Publishing Schedule - "Always" is recommended
- Per default the video is automatically saved as private. Only after saving (step 6) are you able to publish the video.
- Click on Save. (You are now able to publish the video)
- Finally click on Go to My Media to go back to your Kaltura My Media page