How do I adjust my notifications?
Notifications are updates of a course you receive by e-mail. It does not concern the alerts in Brightspace itself. You can choose from which courses and course components you wish to receive updates by e-mail.
Many of the activities that result in a notification will be a result of your own actions. Therefore, the notifications will be of more use to students than to teachers. The reason that you are able to manage your notifications is that students and teachers have the same options for notifications.
- Click on your name in the minibar.
- Select Notifications.
- Select whether you would like to receive a daily summary of notifications under Summary of Activity. If you wish to receive a Summary of notifications you can alter the moment of the day at which you wish to receive this summary. If you do not change this setting, you will by default receive the summary at 00:00.
- Beneath Instant Notifications you can manage of which activities you wish to receive notifications instantaneously. This holds for all courses, except for those you have excluded beneath Exclude Some Courses. Although Activity Feed is a shown option to select, at Leiden University we do not make use of the functionality Activity Feed.
- Customise Notifications allows you to manage whether you wish to receive notifications about grades and notifications of old, future or inactive courses.
- Exclude Some Courses allows you to select some courses of which you would not like to receive notifications. Click on Manage Course Exclusions and click on the cross behind the name of the course(s) of which you do not want to be notified of activities. If you disabled notifications of a certain course you now wish to enable notifications from, click on Manage my course exclusions and click Restore excluded courses to restore all courses at once, or go to the course and click on the arrow next to the course name to restart notifications for that course.
- Click Save to save all changes.
Video on how to adjust notifications
This video is made by Brightspace supplier D2L. Some screens might have a different look and feel to the Universiteit Leiden Brightspace environment.