Which notifications can I turn on/off and how do I connect the notifications to my Email adress?
Notifications are updates of a course you receive by e-mail. It does not concern the alerts in Brightspace itself. You can choose from which courses and course components you wish to receive updates by e-mail.
Keep in mind that the settings under Notificiations are applicable to all courses you are enrolled in.
Teachers are most likely to communicate important updates for their course through Announcements. We advise students to set up Notifications so you receive emails for Announcements.
1. Click on your name or photo in the minibar.
2. Click on notifications.
- Fill in your E-mail adress under Contact Methods in order to forward notifications to your E-mail (Remark, this does not change your E-mail adress in the system). Brightspace automatically uses @umail.leidenuniv.nl because these adresses are linked to your Brightspace-account. If you would like to change this, please click Change your email settings, fill in your new E-mail adress and click on Save.
- Select whether you would like to receive a daily summary of notifications under Summary of Activity. If you wish to receive a Summary of notifications you can alter the moment of the day at which you wish to receive this summary. If you do not change this setting, you will by default receive the summary at 00:00.
- Beneath Instant Notifications you can manage of which activities you wish to receive notifications instantaneously. This holds for all courses, except for those you have excluded beneath Exclude Some Courses. Although Activity Feed is a shown option to select, at Leiden University we do not make use of the functionality Activity Feed.
- Underneath Customise Notifications you can select whether you would like to receive a notification from Grades from courses.
- Select Exclude Some Courses for courses of which you do not want a notification. Click on Manage my course exclusions in order to select the course(s) of which you do not want to receive notifications. Click on Exclude All Courses in order to receive no notifications of any course at all. Click on Restore excluded courses in order to re-activate the notifications of the courses.
- Click on Save in order to save the adjustments.