Where can I see my grades in Brightspace?
Instructors can give grades in Brightspace. Grades can always be found in uSis, some instructors will also publish the grades on Brightspace.
Your final grade is published in uSis. If there is a discrepancy between your grade in Brightspace and the one on uSis, it is the mark in uSis that counts. If you suspect a mistake in uSis, contact the instructor of the course.
Click on Grades in the navbar of the course. You will be directed to the Grades homepage.
On this homepage, you can find the components which are (to be) graded. The instructor chooses which component they assess on Brightspace, and whether grades are only entered on uSis. The instructor can also choose what information is shown per component.
If the instructor gives you a grade on Brightspace, the following display options are possible:
1. Grade item shows all the different components (Assignments, Discussions, Quizzes) for which an instructor can enter a grade in Brightspace.
2. Points shows how many points you have gained from the maximum number of points to be achieved.
3. Weight Achieved shows the weight of the component and to what extent it contributes to the final grade or category.
4. Grade shows your achieved grade. This can be a letter (A+, A, B, C, D, F), a number (1-10), or a textual assessment (insufficient, sufficient, good).
5. There is also room for the instructor to make comments concerning the grade, this can be seen at Comments and Assesments. This can contain either feedback on the assignment, or a more general message (for example: thank you for the active participation).
The details of graded items can also be seen in the Activity itself.
- Navigate via Course Tools to Assignments, Discussions or Quizzes.
- Select the particular assignment, discussion, or quiz.
- Find the grade and/or feedback.