Which notifications can I turn on/off and how do I connect the notifications to my Email adress?
This information will move to a new site soon. Click here for the new link.
This article explains what Notifications are, how you can turn them on/off and how you can connect the notifications to your Email adress.
Notifications are updates of a course you receive by e-mail. It does not concern the alerts in Brightspace itself. You can choose from which courses and course components you wish to receive updates by e-mail.
1. Click on your name or photo in the minibar.
2. Click on notifications.
1. Here, you can see to what E-mail adress notifications are sent. This e-mail adress can not be changed; Brightspace automatically uses @umail.leidenuniv.nl.
2. Select whether you would like to receive a daily summary of notifications under Summary of Activity. If you wish to receive a Summary of notifications you can alter the moment of the day at which you wish to receive this summary. If you do not change this setting, you will by default receive the summary at 00:00.
3. Beneath Instant Notifications you can manage of which activities you wish to receive notifications instantaneously. This holds for all courses, except for those you have excluded beneath Exclude Some Courses. Although Activity Feed is a shown option to select, at Leiden University we do not make use of the functionality Activity Feed.
1. Underneath Customise Notifications you can select whether you would like to receive a notification from Grades from courses.
2. Select Exclude Some Courses for courses of which you do not want a notification. Click on Manage my course exclusions in order to select the course(s) of which you do not want to receive notifications. Click on Exclude All Courses in order to receive no notifications of any course at all. Click on Restore excluded courses in order to re-activate the notifications of the courses.
3. Click on Save in order to save the adjustments.