How do I change my email notifications?
From 20 November 2020 on you will receive an email when the following events happen in Brightspace:
- A new announcement is available
- An announcement is updated
- Feedback for an assignment is released
- Feedback for an assignment is updated
- A new grade is released
- A grade is updated
You are able to enable more email notifications or disable pre set notifications, or exclude certain courses to send you email notifications. Moreover, you can also just turn off the email notifications for System Announcement as presented on the Brightspace Homepage, without missing course announcements.
Please see below an example of an email notification.
Change your email notification settings
- Click on your name
- Next click on Notifications
3. Select/Deselect the boxes as desired.
4. Finally, click on Save.
Exclude courses to send you email notifications
In the Notifications settings screen, scroll down until you see Exclude Some Courses and click on Manage my course exclusions.
- In the pop up window you can click on the x to exclude those courses. This will mean you will not receive email notifications from that course, but will still receive notifications from other courses.
- You can always click on Restore excluded courses to start receiving email notifications.
Stop receiving email notifications from the System Announcements as presented on the Brightspace Homepage
- In the Manage Course Exclusions pop up window, search for Leiden University
- Next, click on the x
From now own you will not receive email notifications when an announcement is placed on the Brightspace Homepage, but you will still receive emails from course notifications.