November 2019 - 21/11/2019
The new Brightspace release is available from 21 November 2019 22:00.
Here you can find the release notes for this month's Brightspace update. Please note that these release notes are specific for Leiden University's Brightspace environment.
1. Annotation Tools
From now on it is possible to use Brightspace's Annotation Tools to assess assignments with inline feedback. This functionality is turned off by default, but you can enable it for each new/existing assignment.
Please see here for a manual on Annotation Tools.
1. Assignments - New overview
The Assignments page shows a count of new submissions and resubmissions in the New column.
2. Quizzes - Restore quiz attempts
When an instructor restores a student's deleted quiz attempt, note the following workflow changes:
- A deleted quiz attempt can only be restored if the student does not have another quiz attempt in progress.
- The Restore button only appears for the latest deleted quiz attempt.
3. Quizzes - Save feedback as draft
Instructors can now clearly see when feedback is saved as a draft, or published, while evaluating quiz submissions. On the quiz evaluation page, the Graded (G) checkbox and Save button have been replaced by the Publish and Save Draft buttons.
4. Video Note - Record Video workflow
Instructors are now able to attach pre-existing Video Notes in the Record Video workflow. Previously, when attaching a video in some workflows, users were only given the option to record a new video or upload a video from their computer.