This article provides an organized roadmap for using MS Teams during a live session.
What do I take with me?
- Make sure you can log in with your UCLN account. Bring your smartphone for authentication.
- Presentation (it is helpful to put the PowerPoint on a USB flash drive).
It is useful to link your Teams meetings to a course in Brightspace. That way, recordings will be automatically uploaded to Brightspace and students can easily access the live session and the recording. You can read how to create a link here.
Open your presentation on the desktop in the room. Open Firefox or Google Chrome on the room computer.
- Go to Brightspace.
- Log into Brightspace with your UCLN account. Use your phone for verification.
- Scroll down to the MS Teams window and click on Open Teams. Note this only works if you have created a Team for the course. Read how to do this here.
- You will be redirected to a new page. Click Open Microsoft Teams if you have downloaded the app. If you have not downloaded the app you can download it by clicking Download the Windows App or by using the web page.
- The MS Teams app opens.
- Check your camera and audio. And press Join Now.
- Check if the camera and audio work. Click Join Now.
- Start recording by going to More and then clicking Start Recording.
- You share your screen by going to Sharing in the upper right. Choose whether you want to share the screen or a window. Click that again and you're sharing your screen.
- To stop your screen press the End Sharing button or go to the window you are sharing and press End Sharing.
- To stop recording go to More > Stop recording
- End the session by clicking Exit in the upper right corner.
- After the lecture, log out of all accounts/applications you are logged into. Example: Zoom, Brightspace, Teams, email, etc. Close all browsers.
- You can find the recordings in the app and the Cloud. Go to the Cloud through the link available in the chat of the meeting. Click on the Meeting. Click on Download. Go to a chapter on the Brightspace page of your course. Click on Add Existing. Click on Browse. Insert the recording. The recording is now in your course.
Are you encountering any problems? Please contact the ISSC Helpdesk (+31 71 527 8888 or [email protected]).