This article explains how to organise a Zoom meeting from Microsoft Outlook, using the Zoom plugin. To start a Zoom meeting from Outlook, the plugin must be installed.
The following components are covered:
How do I install the Zoom plugin for Outlook?
With the Zoom plugin for Outlook you can start a Zoom meeting from outlook. This plugin can only be installed if you have a managed university device or use a private device.
Install the Zoom plugin for Outlook:
- Go to: https://zoom.us/download.
- Click Download underneath the Zoom Plugin for Microsoft Outlook header or click Add Zoom link underneath the Download button to add the plugin to Outlook on the web.
- Complete the installation on your device.
- Restart Outlook to start using the plugin.
How do I schedule a Zoom meeting from Outlook?
To schedule a Zoom meeting from Outlook the Zoom plugin has to be installed on your device.
In the Outlook pane, the following buttons are visible:
There are two possibilities to organize a meeting from Outlook:
- Schedule a Meeting.
- Start Instant Meeting.
Schedule a Meeting
Schedule a Meeting
- Click Schedule a Meeting if you want to schedule a meeting in advance.
- A new mail will open, including a Zoom window where you can change your meeting settings.
The available meeting options are:
- Automatically generates an ID (default).
- Personal Meeting ID: an ID that can be remembered by users so they can contact you at other times.
- Passcode: locked setting and automatically generated.
- Waiting Room: Places new participants in the waiting room, the host has to manually allow them into the session.
- Only authenticated users can join: Sign in to Zoom: Remove the option to allow external speakers and participants to join the session.
- Host: Automatically turn the host video on or off when you join the session.
- Participants: Locked setting that automatically turns off participants' video when they enter the session.
- Choose to allow audio from computer and/or phone.
- Dial-in from the Netherlands: Click Edit to point out the list and allow participants from other countries to dial in.
Do not show me again
- Deze optie onthoud jouw instellingen voor toekomstige uitnodigingen
Click Save. The meeting and invite are now being generated and will be available in your agenda.
If you schedule a meeting and this starts shortly after scheduling, make sure you enter the start and end date/time of the meeting before clicking the Schedule a meeting button.
- Click first in Outlook on New appointment.
- Enter the date and time of the appointment.
- Lastly, click Schedule a Meeting.
- Send the invitation to the participants.
How do I immediately host a Zoom meeting from Outlook?
Start Instant Meeting
To start a meeting immediately:
- Click Start Instant Meeting.
- Select the pull-down menu to determine whether you want to start with or without a video feed.
- Click Participants to invite attendees.
- Click Invite.
You can invite attendees in four ways:
- From your contact list.
- Copy Invite Link.
- Copy Invitation.