This article shows you how to organize a Zoom meeting from the desktop Client (Zoom app). The following components are covered:
How do I log in to the Zoom desktop Client?
- Open the Zoom desktop Client app on your computer.
- Click Sign In with SSO.
- Fill universiteitleiden in the textbox and click Continue.
- You will be redirected to the login environment of Leiden University where you can log in with your ULCN.
- If the login is successful, the next window will be visible:
How do I host a Zoom meeting from the desktop Client?
If you open the Zoom desktop Client on your computer, the above screen is visible.
Here you have the possibility to start directly a New Meeting and Schedule a meeting in advance.
- Click New Meeting to immediately start a meeting.
- In the meeting, a pop-up will appear, click Join with Computer Audio.
- You can invite participants through the Participants button.
How do I schedule a Zoom meeting from the desktop Client?
- Click Schedule in the homescreen.
- A new window with scheduling options will open:
On this page, you fill in the information about your meeting.
- Topic: Title of your meeting.
- Start: Date and time for the meeting.
- Duration: Set a duration for the meeting, if the meeting is over the chosen duration, the meeting will continue. You will only see a message that the meeting is about to go over the scheduled time.
- Recurring meeting: if you check this option, you need to check the recurrence in the invitation.
- An automatically generated password/invitation link will be required to join a meeting.
- Waiting Room: Select this option if you want to allow all participants manually.
- Require authentication to join: Sign in to Zoom.
- Turn the video on or off by default when someone joins.
- Host: Turn this on optionally so that the speakers/hosts start their session with their video-enabled.
- Participant: Locked setting where the participant's video is disabled by default.
- Choose to allow audio from computer and/or phone.
- The calendar is set by default to Outlook, which is linked to your ULCN account.
- You can let the participants participate at any time.
- Mute participants upon entry.
- Pre-assign breakout room allows pre-assigning invited attendees to Breakout Rooms.
- Record the meeting automatically in the cloud.
- Approve or block access to users from specific regions/countries.
- Enter all email addresses for the people who will host or speak in your meeting so they have the correct rights when they enter the session.
- If you check this option, you will receive an input field in which you can enter the email address of an interpreter who can write subtitles in a language you set during the session.
- Click Save.
Outlook will be opened, do not forget to check the recurrence.