This article explains how to organize a Zoom meeting from the Zoom Portal.
Ga to the Zoom portal of Leiden University.
There are two possibilities for organizing a meeting in the Portal:
Before organizing a meeting, you will first be redirected to the login screen of the University of Leiden where you have to log in with your ULCN credentials.
How do I host a meeting?
- Click Host to start a meeting directly
- The following screen will be visible in your browser:
If you have Zoom desktop client installed on your computer, the meeting will start automatically, if not follow these steps:
- Click the Open Zoom Meetings notification in your browser to start the meeting.
- If you don't see a pop-up screen in your browser, click Launch Meeting.
If you haven't already installed the Zoom desktop client or are having problems with the Client, there are two options:
- Click Download Now to download Zoom Client.
- Click Join from Your Bowser to join via the browser.
Once in the meeting, you can invite participants via the Participants button.
How do I plan a meeting?
To schedule a meeting in the Zoom portal ahead, click Plan ahead. If you are already logged in, you will be redirected directly to the Schedule a Meeting page. It can also be reached manually via Schedule a Meeting at the top right of or under the Meetings tab on the left side of the page.
On this page you enter the following information about your meeting:
- Topic: Title of your meeting.
- Description: Optional description.
- When: Date and time for the meeting.
- Duration: Set a duration for the meeting, if the meeting is over the chosen duration, the meeting will continue. You will only see a message that the meeting is about to go over the scheduled time.
- Recurring meeting: if you check this option, you can adjust the settings for a recurring meeting.
- Recurrence: Choice of daily/ weekly/ monthly/ no Fixed Time.
- Repeat every: Here you can set the repetition per the above time unit.
- Occurs on: You can tick a specific day.
- End date: Set an end date.
- Select this option if participants need to register, there are 3 options:
- The participants register once and can attend all meetings.
- Participants must register for each meeting to participate.
- Participants register once and can choose one or more meetings to attend.
- An automatically generated password/invitation link will be required to join a meeting.
- Waiting Room: Select this option if you want to manually allow all participants.
- Require authentication to join: Sign in to Zoom.
- Turn the video on or off by default when someone joins.
- Host: Turn this on optionally so that the speakers/hosts start their session with their video-enabled.
- Participant: A locked setting where the participant's video is disabled by default.
- Choose to allow audio from computer and/or phone.
- You can let the participants participate at any time.
- Mute participants upon entry.
- Pre-assign breakout room allows pre-assign invited attendees to Breakout Rooms.
- Record the meeting automatically in the cloud.
- Restrict or block access to users from specific regions/countries.
- Enter all email addresses for the people who will host or speak in your meeting so they have the correct rights when they enter the session.
- If you check this option, you will receive an input field in which you can enter the email address of an interpreter who can write subtitles in a language you set during the session.